What Is Botox (OnabotulinumtoxinA)?
Botox is the brand name of the drugs onabotulinumtoxinA, which can be used to temporarily smooth lines and wrinkles on the face.
The medicine can be useful to treat a number of other health conditions, including:
• Cervical dystonia (serious tightening of neck muscles)
• Strabismus (an eye muscle problem) and blepharospasm (an eyelid muscle problem)
• Headaches and migraines
• Overactive bladder
• Muscle stiffness
Botox is in a class of medicines referred to as neurotoxins. It’s produced from the bacteria that cause botulism.
While it’s injected into a muscle, Botox stops nerve signals that result in tightening and movements of the muscle.
The effects of Botox are simply temporary, and based on the problem, may last from 3 to 1 year.
The drugs are manufactured by Allergan, Inc. as well as other companies. It was authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1991.
Botox for Migraines
Botox is FDA-approved to stop chronic migraines (which means that or more headaches days each month where each headache lasts 4 or even more hours).
It’s usually injected in the head and neck region every twelve weeks for this specific purpose.
Based on the producer, the drugs could stop up to 9 headaches days per month.
Yet, some research has shown Botox provides merely a small benefit for migraine sufferers.
In uncommon cases, Botox might spread from the site of the injection to some other areas of the body. This could result in severe or life-threatening side effects.
Contact your medical professional quickly if you experience:
Botox Side Effects
Typical Side Effects of Botox
Inform a medical expert in case any one of the following side effects turns out to be severe or do not go away:
• Pain, inflammation, redness, blood loss, tenderness, or bruising at the site of injection
• Feeling worn out
• Neck ache
• Muscle ache, stiffness, weakness, tightness, or spasm
• Pain or tightness of the neck or face
• Dry mouth
Severe Side Effects of Botox
Call your doctor immediately if you experience any one of the signs and symptoms listed in the Warning section or any one of the following serious side effects:
• Urinary tract infection
• Very dry eyes or pain in the eyes
• Swelling of the eyelids
• Trouble moving the face
• Chest ache or an abnormal heartbeat
A doctor, nurse, or some other medical expert can administer your Botox injection.
The regularity, dose, and area of your injections is determined by your medical condition. The injections ought to be given a minimum of 3 months apart.
Typically, Botox is provided each 3 to 4 months to treat frown lines, crow’s feet, cervical dystonia, blepharospasm, upper limb spasticity, overactive bladder, or migraines.
The medicine is usually given once each 6 to 6 months to treat underarm sweating.
A medical expert could use a cold pack, eye drops, or anesthetic cream to numb your body or eyes before an injection of Botox.
In case you are receiving injections to treat urinary incontinence, your doctor might have you take anti-biotic before and after the treatment.
In case you might be receiving injections to treat excessive armpit sweating, you might need to refrain from using deodorants for some time. Consult your doctor concerning this potential restriction.
It might take several days or perhaps weeks before you decide to see or experience the complete benefits of Botox.
Most doctors will suggest that you do not lie down flat, drink a large amount of alcohol, or engage in stressful physical exercise for some time after your injection.
More Recent Articles:
- How to buy Cialis safely online – nothing can be easier with our online pharmacy aid!
- Price of Cialis 5mg and this dosage’s role into the urolithiasis disease treatment.
- Canadian Cialis for sale – some interesting facts about its influence on the immune system.
- How do I Get Viagra Without a Prescription to Cope with Depression.
- Cialis from India online pharmacy is your ideal male enhancement - your ED will disappear!
- Who sells Viagra over the counter - with our online pharmacy we will know that we do!
- Canadian pharmacy Cialis generic is the greatest way to cure your erectile dysfunction!