What Is Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clauvulanate)?
Augmentin is the brand name of a combination antibiotic medicine that contains amoxicillin and clauvulanate.
It is useful to treat bacterial infections in your airways, for example a sinus contamination or pneumonia.
It is also obtainable in an extra-strength formulation (Augmentin ES), an extended-release formula (Augmentin XR), and also under the brand name Amoclan.
Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic that eliminates bacteria by preventing formation of a chemical the bacteria ought to develop their cell walls.
Clavulanate is a chemical which enables anti-biotic eliminate certain bacteria’s antibiotic resistance.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized Augmentin in 1984. GlaxoSmithKline is among the many manufacturers that produce it.
Augmentin may cause a critical form of diarrhea known as Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea (CDAD). It is marked by loose, watery stool with an uncommon unpleasant smell.
Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clauvulanate) Side Effects
Popular side effects of Augmentin
• Nausea, vomit, or diarrhea
• Swelling of the tongue and also mouth
• Black, hairy tongue
• Thrush (Candida, and yeast) disease
Severe Side Effects of Augmentin
• Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD)
• Severe and possibly serious skin infections
• Irritation or swelling of your skin or both
• Multiple infections all at once
• Blood or bone marrow problems, for example low amounts of red blood cells or even white blood cells
• Yellowing of your skin, nails, along with the whites of the eyes (jaundice)
Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clauvulanate) Dosage
Augmentin is obtainable as a tablet or liquid. To prevent stomach upset, take it with foods or a snack.
The tablets include various doses of amoxicillin, however the similar, 125 milligrams (mg) dose of clavulanate. Augmentin tablets are available in the following strengths:
• 250 mg /125 mg
• 500 mg/ 125 mg
• 875 mg /125 mg
Augmentin ES liquid consists of either 600 mg of amoxicillin or 42 .9 mg of clavulanate per 5 milliliter (ml), or 400 mg of amoxicillin and 57 mg of clavulanate per 5 ml.
Augmentin XR extended release tablets is made up of 1000 mg or 1 gram (g) of amoxicillin and 62 .5 mg of clavulanate.
Generally, you ought not to take more than 1200 mg amoxicillin in Augmentin per kilogram (kg) of body weight per day.
Your child’s medical professional could recommend syrup of Augmentin, which a pharmacist can make from a powder containing amoxicillin and clavulanate. The medical doctor bases the recommended dose on your child’s body weight.
A 5 ml dose contains the following amounts of amoxicillin and clavulanate:
• 200 mg/ 28 mg
• 400 mg/ 57 mg
• 125 mg/ 31 .25 mg
• 250 mg/ 62 .5 mg
Your family doctor might also recommend an Augmentin syrup if you or somebody you care for has problems swallowing tablets.
As with all anti-biotic, make sure to finish taking the whole amount of medication your family doctor prescribes, even though you get better.
More Recent Articles:
- Price of Cialis 5mg and this dosage’s role into the urolithiasis disease treatment.
- Costco Pharmacy Viagra Price whether it is worth Saying a Man with ED.
- Canadian pharmacy Cialis generic is the greatest way to cure your erectile dysfunction!
- Where can I buy Viagra without any prescription - you can do it here!
- Viagra Prices Canada is against Sexual Disorders after Alcoholism.
- How to buy Real Viagra Online and other Male Problems Associated with Sex.
- Order Viagra on line is the Coolest Way to Cope with Undercooling Results.