What Is Bactrim (Trimethoprim Sulfamethoxazole)?
Bactrim is the brand name of the common antibiotic sulfamethoxazole trimethoprim (typically known as co-trimoxazole).
The medicine is a mixture of two antibiotics: It is one part trimethoprim (a synthetic medicine), and 5 parts sulfamethoxazole (a sulfonamide medicine) .
Bactrim works against harmful bacteria in the following different types of infections:
• Urinary tract infections (UTIs) a result of E. coli, Klebsiella, Enterobacter, Morganella morganii, Proteus mirabilis, and Proteus vulgaris.
• Middle-ear infections (serious otitis media) in kids in case they are caused by the bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae
• Chronic bronchitis when it worsens (serious exacerbations) and is a result of Streptococcus pneumoniae or Haemophilus influenzae
• Some kinds of diarrhea, such as dysentery, a result of Shigella flexneri and S. sonnei infections; and traveler’s diarrhea, caused by enterotoxigenic E. Coli
• Pneumonia as a result of Pneumocystis jiroveci: for therapy, and often for protection when your immune system is decreased by immunosuppressant medicines or HIV/AIDS
Bactrim can be at times recommended for other forms of bacterial pneumonia, for acne, and for stopping urinary tract bacterial infections.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) first authorized Bactrim in 1973. The medicine is manufactured by Mutual Pharmaceutical Co.
Bactrim should not be used by individuals who:
• Are hypersensitive to trimethoprim or sulfonamide drugs (or have sulfa allergic reactions)
• Have experienced thrombocytopenia (low blood platelet count) after using trimethoprim or sulfonamides
• Have megaloblastic anemia (low red blood cell count) as a result of a folic acid deficiency
• Are under 2 months old
Bactrim Side Effects
The most typical side effect of Bactrim is nausea. Contact your doctor if it worsens or will not go away, or if perhaps you feel:
• Stomach pain
• Anorexia, or lack of appetite
Other popular side effects may be an early sign of a more serious reaction , if you experience the following , do not take the drug and contact your doctor immediately :
Bactrim is related to numerous uncommon side effects . Though they are simply not likely to need medical attention , you ought to inform your family doctor in case you have :
• Abdominal ache or diarrhea
• Mild tiredness
• Mild weakness
Severe Side Effects of Bactrim
Inform your doctor immediately or get emergency medical assistance if you experience :
• Sore throat and also cough
• Severe , long term diarrhea that could occur with fever and stomach cramps , which likely shows a C . Difficile infection
• Fever or chills
• Trouble breathing
• Unusual bruising or blood loss
• Yellowing of your skin and eyes ( jaundice )
• Joint or muscle ache
• Spots on the skin which are purple or reddish (purpura)
Bactrim pills are white and round and consist of 80 milligrams ( mg ) of trimethoprim and 400 mg of sulfamethoxazole .
Bactrim DS pills are white and oval , that contains 160 mg of trimethoprim and 800 mg of sulfamethoxazole .
Take the drugs as instructed by a medical expert unless you finish the recommendation , even though you appear better .
Failure to do so might help build bacteria which are resistant against treatment .
More Recent Articles:
- Canada Cialis cheap from this online pharmacy may improve your erection instantly!
- US Viagra Online is on Guard of Testosterone Level and Male Health.
- Cialis super active vs regular Cialis - what are the differences and advantages.
- How do I get a Viagra prescription - simply visit our pharmacy online!
- Order Cialis online without prescription – make this process easy and safe.
- How to get Cialis prescription online and some words about Cialis and its story.
- Buy Cialis online no prescription is required and see how simple it is to get over ED!